These are various courses taking place throughout Great Britain at various centres:
At the Council Meeting of November 2007 it was concluded that badging of courses for the ALSGBI seal of approval does add value and should continue.
- When applicants submit courses to be badged they should complete the attached form, and send it to the ALS.
- Any course should have clearly stated educational objectives and should also specify in detail the intended learning outcomes.
- Course structure and contents should be appropriate to the stated objectives and outcomes and relevant to the needs of the participants.
- An ALSGBI representative should be entitled to attend any course which the ALSGBI has badged or is being requested to badge.
- Participants and faculty should be involved in the evaluation of each course on each occasion it runs and the evaluation submitted to the ALSGBI with any recommendations for adaption/further development.
- The ALSGBI can recommend that a course be badged as it stands or suggest changes in order to badge it.
- Should future courses have substantial changes to their format, resubmission would be necessary for repeat badging.
If you wish to apply for approval please download the forms below and return them to the ALSGBI Office.
Application for approval Form One
Application for approval Form Two